Our Commitment to Your Privacy: Protecting our clients? privacy is of paramount importance to Stoffer Wealth Advisors, LLC (?SWA?). It is SWA policy that no client information obtained by us is sold or made available to third party marketing companies. We will not share nonpublic personal information about our clients with nonaffiliated third parties without prior client consent, except for specific purposes described below. This notice explains our collection, use and safeguarding of client information.
We will not share nonpublic personal information about our clients with nonaffiliated third parties without prior client consent, except for specific purposes described below. This notice explains our collection, use and safeguarding of client information.
How Stoffer Wealth Advisors Gathers Information: In connection with providing clients with investment management and financial planning services, we may obtain information about them from the following sources:
- Client agreements and other information that clients provide to us, whether in writing, in person, by telephone, electronically or by any other means. This information may include a client’s name, address, phone number, email address, social security number, employment information, income, investment experience, and credit references;
- Personal tax returns provided by the client;
- Information we receive from other professionals who provide services to you such as accountants and attorneys;
- Transactions on a client’s behalf. This information may include the client’s account balances, positions, investment interests and history;
- Consumer reporting agencies. This information may include account information and credit history; and
- Public sources.
It is the nature of our business that we seek to understand your total financial situation. Our thoroughness in this endeavor ultimately helps us to serve you better and make recommendations pertinent to your particular situation.
Sharing Information with Nonaffiliated Third Parties: We only disclose non-public client information to nonaffiliated third parties without prior client consent when it is necessary to serve our clients, or as required or permitted by law, such as:
- If you request or authorize the disclosure of the information;
- To provide client account services or account maintenance;
- To respond to a subpoena or court order, judicial process, law enforcement or regulatory authorities;
- To perform services for the firm or on its behalf to develop or maintain proprietary trading or other software;
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of our business or an operating unit; and
- To help us prevent
We do not make any disclosure of client nonpublic personal information to other companies who may want to sell their products or services to you. For example, we do not sell client lists and we will not sell client names to catalogue companies.
Opt Out Provision:It is not a policy of Stoffer Wealth Advisors, LLC to share nonpublic personal and financial information with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties except under the circumstances noted above. Since sharing under the circumstances noted above is necessary to service customer accounts or is mandated by law, there are no allowances made for clients to opt out.
Our Security Practices and Information Accuracy: We take steps to safeguard client information. We restrict access to the personal and account information of our clients to our employees and agents for business purposes only. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your personal information.
Additionally, we have internal controls to keep client information as accurate and complete as we can. If you believe that any information about you is not accurate, please let us know.